The upcoming update is nearing completion and I just wanted to share some details with everyone.
- First up is the new Medal system. The update will include 8 different unlockable medals to mark your achievements in the wasteland. Each will come in a bronze, silver, and gold level for a total of 24 achievements. See if you've got the skill and dedication to earn gold on all 8.
- Next we have the 3 new vehicles on the scene. If you're tired of the old Rusty Rover, save up your collected salvage to buy the sporty new Blazing Buggy, or the imposing Steel Sabre. Premium players can also buy the exclusive and mysterious Dark Daylight, a classic automobile for the most selective of post apocalyptic nomads.
- Finally, we have the most exciting new developments in surviving the mechanized hordes, the 3 new weapon upgrades. Save your salvage and purchase the Mine Deployment upgrade; leave a trail of explosives buried in the sand, waiting to obliterate any machines that wander across the killing field. Or render every machine in the wastes helpless with the EMP upgrade, leaving you free to destroy them at your leisure and collect the salvage. Premium players can also earn access to the ultimate weapon in the desert arsenal, the Artillery Mode upgrade. Establish an impenetrable emplacement, complete with magnetized salvage collectors, while you rain hell-fire down on the battlefield with this rapid fire artillery battery.
All these upgrades and unlockables will be available in the coming weeks, so keep watch for this vastly expanded Salvage experience. And remember, you can purchase the premium version of Salvage for only $0.99 and get exclusive access to the Dark Daylight vehicle, Artillery Mode upgrade, and of course, no more ads.
Monday, July 30, 2012
Soon we will have some major updates for Salvage premium and free editions that will include:
- Achievements: Complete challenges to earn bronze, silver, or gold medals
- All new Stats screen, that will record your gameplay details and achievements
- Unlockable vehicles and upgrades (including premium version exclusives)
- New music, and music randomizer to keep the tunes fresh.
These updates will begin rolling out over the next few weeks, so keep watch.
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
A free ad-supported edition of Salvage is now available on Google Play. This version has all the original Salvage excitement including the new Mortar Fire enemy. However, the free edition will NOT have access to certain paid version exclusive updates including new game modes and weapon upgrades, coming soon.
Sunday, June 3, 2012
I just put out the latest update for Salvage including the new Mortar Fire enemy. This machine rotates across the screen stopping to send a volley of explosive mortar fire raining down. It's a heavy opponent just like the Pulse enemy, so it'll take 4 shots to take them down.
Summary of Updates:
- New Mortar Fire Enemy
- Faster sand trail particle drop for smoother trails with less breaks.
- New preference and high score system, allows for cross-version score and preference saves (unfortunately this will also clear all current recorded high scores)
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Salvage for Android is coming out today on Google Play!
Survive as long as you can in the barren sands of a post apocalyptic world. Blast through hordes of homicidal machines in your desert combat kart. Collect dropped scrap for points and armor. Find rare tri-turret, wave-bombs, and hypermods to increase your destructive power.
Salvage is a high octane, twin-stick, touch screen, shoot 'em up, with high quality, tablet ready, graphics. Featuring some cool post apocalyptic blues tunes. How long can you last against the waves of hundreds of evil machines.
-High octane gameplay
-Cool blues music
-Tablet ready graphics
-Multiple enemy types
-Additional enemies and upgrades coming soon
-New Weapon Upgrades
-New Game Modes